Alfredton Preschool offers four groups of 15 hour funded four year old programs and also manages two unfunded three year old kindergarten programs that operate from Cardigan Village Kindergarten.
Our philosophy is inherent in our beliefs about children, learning and families, which impacts on and guides our everyday practice and principles.
We believe that children learn best:
- In a happy environment where they can laugh, play and have fun.
- Where they are being respected as competent, capable and active participants in their own learning.
- Where they feel a sense of belonging and can develop self-confidence, feel valued and form connections and relationships with others.
- Where they are offered opportunities to explore, investigate, experiment, discover, create and be part of shaping their learning environment.
- When the physical environment offers challenge and variety within the parameters of safe and healthy practices.
- When everyone is respected for their individuality, culture, heritage and level of ability and where they are provided equal opportunity and inclusivity.
- Where families are welcomed, included and recognised as partners as well as being respected as the child’s first and most significant teachers
- Where the wider community is connected with and embraced for the educational opportunities it offers
- In an environment where the educators are committed to ongoing professional development and who behave as positive role models, demonstrating sharing, respect and a spirit of community.