Transitional Housing Management (THM)
- Providing a range of assistance to households in crisis as a result of homelessness or impending homelessness and;
- Assisting households in housing crisis to establish and/or maintain appropriate, secure and sustainable housing through the provision of transitional housing services.
The Program Provides
- Housing Information & Referral (HIR) - providing housing information and referral services and, where appropriate, housing advocacy to households in housing crisis;
- Transitional Housing - providing medium term accommodation in which residents enter into an occupancy agreement of a determined period and are generally subject to the provisions of the Residential Tenancies Act (RTA);
- Housing Establishment Fund - provision of financial assistance to households in housing crisis
Included within the THM program are sub-programs with properties targeting Family, Youth (aged 18 - 25), Psychiatric Services Residential Rehabilitation, and Drug & Alcohol.
The provision of an in-person, crisis response is essential and the first stage in securing a long-term and sustainable outcome. Given the complexity of presenting issues and the difficulty in securing immediate resolution, re-engagement and referral to support agencies/workers, is strongly encouraged by the HIR team.
We have a number of properties that are linked to the government. Crisis Initiative Program which provide short-term response for the homeless through the SAAP Program.
Includes cross targeted disability housing, long-term youth properties in Ballarat and Bacchus Marsh. In addition we have properties to facilitate proven tenants from moving on from the shorter-term THM accommodation.