Tabor House Youth Withdrawal Unit
Tabor House is an Alcohol and other Drug clinical withdrawal service for young people from across Victoria, situated in a tranquil rural residential setting on 9 acres on the fringe of Ballarat, anyone aged 12-25 is eligible to use this service.
Tabor House operates from a harm minimisation framework, providing evidence based treatment, support and education to complete the withdrawal program.
Tabor house employs a range of professionals which includes: Nurse’s, Social Welfare Workers and Youth AOD workers to support you to achieve your goals while you are in the treatment program.
Young people will on admission develop an ‘Individual Treatment Plan’ to support their withdrawal.
Admission dates are made on an age appropriate basis, ensuring that anyone under 18 is matched with other young people aged within two years of each other.
The treatment service is free, however a small facility fee is applied for each stay.
Tabor House provides:
- An emotionally and physically safe environment for withdrawal.
- Clinical drug replacement therapy
- Education to continue to remain drug free upon discharge
- Links to support post withdrawal
- Education about health nutrition including safe sex and blood born virus’s
- Non Judgemental / Non-discriminatory assessment and treatment.
- Healthy activities such as swimming, gym, music and art.
- Family inclusive treatment.
- Individual and Group work such as relapse prevention.
- Is staffed for 24 hours a day by workers with a commitment to the wellbeing of young people.
- Tabor provides an individual approach to provide personalised treatment plan to meet your needs.
- Links young people to continuing supports.
- Offers medical support as needed.
- Utilises evidence based medical and complementary therapies.
- External Professional support staff are encouraged to link with the program and compliment the withdrawal treatment program.