We will be Uniting
- UnitingCare Ballarat will be joining with 21 other Uniting Church community service agencies to form a new single organisation across Victoria and Tasmania called Uniting.
- This is an important and positive change. Moving from a loose network of agencies to form one organization provides the best opportunity for us to continue our important work in the community.
- The 2016/17 financial year is a transition year.
- Uniting (Victoria and Tasmania) Ltd was established and governance was transferred to the new Uniting Board on 3 October 2016.
- From that day (3 October 2016) each of the 22 founding agencies share the same Board – one Board to guide our collective future.
- This is significant because it unifies our governance structure – the first step needed in moving from a network of agencies to a single organisation.
- During the transition year (2016/17 financial year) the operations of each agency will continue as they are now. Through this same period we will work together to design the new organisation, with the aim of moving to a unified organisational structure in the middle of 2017.
- We will continue operating as UnitingCare Ballarat during 2016/17. We expect the work to join the 22 agencies into the one organisation will be complete by the middle of 2017. When that happens we will change our name and our logo.
- UnitingCare Ballarat remains as active as ever in our local community – delivering the same quality services, in the same locations, with the same professional staff and commitment to care as we do now.
- All agencies involved in this merger have a rich history of providing care and support to our different communities.
- Together we can do more.
- We are working to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Further information can be found on www.victas.uca.org.au/uniting-team